The rustic theme has been popular since the 1870s. Its aesthetically appealing features showcase natural materials and custom-made décor and furniture. No wonder that a lot of homeowners want to apply the theme to their residential properties. Rustic interiors provide people a unique ambiance, which gives them a break from city life. It’s like going to a farmhouse or the countryside without leaving home. If you are interested in applying the rustic them to your property, this article will provide you some useful tips.
Prominent Features of a Rustic Interior
As a homeowner, you have probably browsed tons of home design inspirations on the Internet. However, if you check design ideas, you might have a hard time choosing a specific style. Remember, there are millions of rustic theme inspirations online. You might get confused as to which one is best to use for your home. To help you regarding this dilemma, here are some basic things you need to keep in mind about rustic interiors:
- Raw materials—People who go for the rustic theme love using natural elements. Raw and natural materials are a prominent feature in a rustic theme. These can include wood, twigs, stones, concrete, and unpolished metal. It provides an ambiance of elegance and coziness.
- Wood flooring—Hardwood flooring is common in rustic-styled interiors. Wooden planks on your floor will quickly transform your simple home into a more stylish and rustic one. Don’t forget to get wooden floor supplies only from a trusted contractor. Doing this will ensure that the flooring will be of high quality and will last for a long time.
- Neutral colors—Another typical design in rustic homes is that the majority of the place uses neutral colors. Think about browns, blacks, whites, and grays. A rustic home will seldom use bold and loud colors. Some homeowners also use reds, oranges, greens, and yellows, but they often go for muted color versions.
- Simple and bold patterns—Stick to simple patterns and use natural designs as much as you can. Think about broad stripes, buffalo plaids, or tree trunk patterns.
- Handmade or custom-made furniture—Choose customized furniture and home décor if you want to go for rustic design. There are a lot of unique-looking furniture and decorations that you can place at home. For instance, you can choose to use pillows and rugs with prints that mimic nature. You can also purchase antique furniture or order artificially-aged design elements.
- Fireplace—Not all rustic homes have fireplaces. However, if you want to complete the rustic design, install a fireplace. It does not just add to the aesthetics but also provides warmth, especially during cold days.
You don’t need to limit your ideas when it comes to designing your home. Redesigning your home does not need to be complicated. The tips mentioned above are only a guide to help you achieve the rustic theme that you want to have for your property. Feel free to let your creativity flow, and don’t be afraid to mix the rustic theme to other remarkable home styles.
Keep in mind that there are no definite rules when it comes to designing your interiors. You only need to make sure that everything goes well with the rest of your property’s aesthetics. If you want to make the task easy, you can consult or talk to a professional interior designer or home renovation specialist. They can provide expert insights about how to achieve the interior design that you have wanted for your home.